How Young is too Young to Start Taekwondo?November 18, 2014
Martial Arts: Just for Boys?November 24, 2014
We’ve decided to start a new series here in our blog. It’s called Staff Spotlight! This will be fun way for you to learn more about the wonderful team at Trautwein’s ATA. (And learn some things you would never expect about them either!)
We’re going to kick this off with Mrs. Trautwein! Are you ready? Great! Let’s go!
Meet Mrs. Trautwein
- What is your main role at Trautwein’s ATA? Teaching
- What is your favorite thing to do? Teaching to a group who is very excited to learn
- What is your favorite food? Many things, however since changing to a plant-based diet, peanuts.
- Which was the last book you read? “The Way of Traditional Taekwondo Encyclopedia” preparing for Master’s training
- Which sport do you like? Taekwondo! Football
- Have you ever lived in another country? No-I have not lived in another country.
- How do you spend your leisure time? Spending time with my grandbaby Ava, Netflix and my birds
- Are you a morning, afternoon, or evening person? I am a morning person for sure!
- Who has had the most influence in your life? My immediate family and my instructor Chief Master Michael Caruso
- Do you like to play a musical instrument? No, I do not play a musical instrument.
- What were your favorite subjects in school? I liked science and home economics in school.
- What is your favorite thing about yourself? My immature sense of humor!
- What cartoon character best describes you? The Road Runner! It’s a cute little bird that is constantly running. I feel like that a lot.
- Which is your favorite movie? Avatar and Gladiator
- Are you a beach, country or city person? I am a beach person.
- Do you have a motto in life? I believe in hard work to achieve your goals.
- What kind of music do you enjoy? Top 40
- What animal do you relate yourself to? I am a bird.
- What task do you totally hate doing? I hate cleaning up vomit!
- What’s your favorite part of Taekwondo? My favorite part of Taekwondo is being a witness to people growing within themselves!
And there you have it…Mrs. Trautwein! Did you learn something new? Next up: Mr. Trautwein!